The following is an example for a 4 week course for beginners based on 4 hours of individual classes a day.
Week 1Day1: Identifying objects. Informal introductions
• Article, Nouns
Day2: Personal introductions Formal Greetings.
• Uses of the verb "ser"
• Possessive Adjectives
Day3: Localizing people and objects.
• Uses of the verb "estar"
• Demonstrative pronouns.
• Differences between "ser" and "estar"
• Adverbs of place
Day5: Questions and answers, simple narration.
• Regular verbs in present tense- ar, er, ir-
• Possessive Pronouns.
Day1: Beginning conversation
• Expressing future desires.
• Irregular verbs in present tense- Future
formed with "ir" (I am going to eat, etc.)
Day2: Expressing possession
• More irregular verbs in present tense.
Verb constructions using infinitives.
Day3: Differentiating between verbs of existence,
versus verbs of localization. Expressing obligation.
• Differences between "hay" / "estar",
"saber" / "conocer","tener" / "tener que"
Day4: Personal habits.
• Reflexive pronouns.
Day5: Speaking in past tense.
• Regular verbs in past tense
Day1: Extending use of the past Defining periods of time.
• Irregular verbs in past tense-
The impersonal "hace".
Day2: Writing autobiographies.
• More irregular verbs in past tense
Day3: Improving word order in sentences. Expressing likes and preferences.
• Pronouns for direct and indirect complements.
The verb "gustar".
Day4: Being able to participate in informal conversations.
• Imperative forms of "usted"- regular
Day5: Ordering food. Asking for the check at a restaurant.
• Imperative forms of "tu".
Day1: Expressing frequency. Describing past events.
• Imperfect past tense -Adverbs of time
Day2: Expressing frequency.
• Differences between the imperfect and
the simple past tense.
Day3: Expressing a finished action.
• Past perfect tense.
• Differences between past perfect and
the simple past tense
Day4: Uses and formation of the pluperfect.
Day5: Telling a story in the past. Explaining historic events.
• General review of past tenses.
Amazon Jungle Study Spanish in the